Weather: 24 degrees
What I’m listening to: Jack Johnson
I love me some egg salad. I love me some avocados. And I definitely love me some bacon. Then it dawned on me – Bacon Avocado Egg Salad. Yes please.
Move over Green Eggs and Ham. We’ve got ourselves some Green Eggs and Bacon! And while we’ve just recovered from St. Patrick’s Day and are heading smack into Easter, I can’t think of a more ideal sandwich. You’ll just have to try it for yourself and see what you think. I have a strong inkling you’re going to love it.
Bacon Avocado Egg Salad
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 large ripe avocado, mashed
- squeeze of lemon (to prevent the avocado from browning)
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked crisp, drained, and crumbled
- 1T mayonnaise
- salt* and pepper to taste (depending on the saltiness of your bacon, you may not need much more)
- For Serving:
- toasted bread
- leafy lettuce
- tomato slices
In a bowl, mix lemon with mashed avocado. Fold in eggs, bacon, and mayo. Season as needed. Serve on toasted bread with lettuce and tomato.