Easter Candy Popcorn
What I’m listening to: Rend Collective Experiment
Someone asked me to contribute some items to a bake sale fundraiser at our local Senior Center. I knew I wanted to do something springy and fun that could be individually packaged and sold. This Easter Candy Popcorn concept I found on Pinterest was just what I was looking for.
I coated the freshly popped popcorn in melted white chocolate, added broken pretzel sticks for added texture and salt, tossed in some adorable pastel chocolate M&M’s, then topped it all with some Easter sprinkles for good measure. I scooped it all into individual bags, tied them with bright green polka dot ribbons and added festive little tags. But, it’s just as cute and tempting all piled into a big bowl for sharing or tucked away in an Easter basket for the bunnies in your life.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Olive Oil & Rosemary Popcorn
Candy Cane White Chocolate Popcorn
- 2/3c plain unpopped popcorn
- 2c white chocolate chips
- 1c pretzel sticks, broken
- 1/2c pastel M&M's (or more, your preference)
- 2T Easter-themed decorating sprinkles of your choice
- Place 1/3c of unpopped popcorn into a brown paper lunch sack. Fold top of bag over twice and lay fold side down in microwave. Cook for 1:30-2 minutes until popping slows. Repeat with the other 1/3c of popcorn (you can reuse the same brown paper bag).
- Pour popped popcorn into a large bowl, allowing the unpopped kernels to fall to the bottom of the bowl. Separate out unpopped kernels.
- Pour broken pretzels into the bowl with the popcorn.
- In a microwave safe dish, add white chocolate chips. Cook, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth, being careful not to scorch (mine took about 90 seconds). Pour melted chocolate over popcorn and pretzels. Using a large stirring spoon, stir the chocolate into the popcorn until thoroughly coated. Fold in M&M's and sprinkles.
- Spread popcorn out onto wax paper to cool and dry. Once dry (about 10 minutes), break apart. Store in bags or airtight containers.