Balsamic Roasted Carrots
I just have to say that these carrots were unbelievably fun to photograph. Who knew something so simple could be so beautiful? Carrots love the camera.
These are as easy to put together as they are beautiful. Slice, season, drizzle, roast. Done. They make a gorgeous side dish for any spring entree (secret: I snacked on them basically all afternoon).
- 6-8 medium carrots, peeled and sliced lengthwise down the center, making 12-16 pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1/4t freshly grated nutmeg
- 1T balsamic vinegar
- 1t brown sugar
- 2T olive oil
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place carrots round side down side-by-side on a baking sheet. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, stir together balsamic and brown sugar until combined. Add olive oil. Drizzle the whole mixture over carrots. Toss to coat.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until carrots are crisp-tender and caramelized (cooking times can vary depending on the thickness of your carrots). Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley. Serve immediately.