Wonton Mozzarella Sticks
Weather: 16 degrees, twinkling stars
What I’m listening to: Rhythm of Love, Plain White T’s
This is a super easy and super tasty game day appetizer. Crunchy, salty, and cheesy – three things I’m looking for when there’s a ball game on. They are extremely kid-friendly, too. All you need is string cheese, wonton wrappers, oil, and some marinara sauce.
Simply slice the string cheese in half, wrap it up in the wonton wrappers and fry it in a pan with hot oil. Warm up some marinara sauce and serve it on the side for dipping. Game on!
A fantastic Wonton Mozzarella Stick appetizer that comes together quickly with only a few ingredients. Served with warm marinara sauce for dipping. Adapted from Damn Delicious.
- 6 mozzarella cheese sticks, sliced in half
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup marinara sauce, for dipping (homemade or store-bought)
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium-high heat until it reaches a temperature of 325-350 degrees.
- Place each cheese stick half onto the center of a wonton wrapper. Wet the tip of your fingers with a little bit of water and moisten the edges of the wonton wrapper so that it will seal nicely. Fold the bottom of the wrapper up over the cheese, followed by both sides, then finally the top to seal. Carefully place the wontons seal side down into the hot oil. Cook until golden brown and crisp, about 1-2 minutes, then flip and cook another 1-2 minutes. Carefully transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Serve promptly with warm marinara sauce on the side.